Ironically, rent control is exactly why there is so little housing available in SF. Iirc, only 30% of the voting population owns property. So how is it that the rest of us (70%) don’t vote to build more? Well, because ¾ renters are under rent control, and essentially don’t care. So only 70%/4 < 30% of people are motivated to push the market towards more housing. The rest profit handsomely from increased home prices due to high demand. This is the real tragedy of rent control in San Francisco IMO.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s