Have been putting off watching Series 13 of Poirot because (1) I have less free time these days, and (2) I don’t want it to end 😦
I looked at ways to watch it legally on the three major platforms, with some curious1 results:
- Google has one version available and it isn’t clear whether it’s SD or HD (though looking at the thumbnails, I’m guessing the former).
- Amazon has both SD and HD options
- iTunes has both SD and HD options
Individual Episode Pricing
- Google has each episode priced at $6.99
- Amazon has the SD version priced at $6.99 and the HD version at $7.99
- iTunes has the SD version priced at $4.99 and the HD version at $5.99
Whole Series Pricing
- Google has the series (in SD ?) priced at $24.99
- Amazon has the same price for SD, and $29.99 for HD
- iTunes has the same prices as Amazon, minus 4 cents
- Amazon also has the DVD version for the series, at $17.96, and the Blu-Ray version at $34.54
Which format to watch ?
- If you want to watch a single episode (why ?!), iTunes is the cheapest 2 (both SD and HD)
- If you want to watch the whole series online, ditto (though not by much)
- If you don’t mind watching it with a physical disk, Amazon is the cheapest.
- If you want to play it on the maximum number of platforms, go with Amazon3.
Edit: I ended up going with Amazon since one of the platforms happens to be a Sony PlayStation.
One thought on “The mysterious affair of the price discrepancy”
I don’t blame you for not wanting it to end. Luckily, here in the UK, episodes are repeated daily or I would be getting serious withdrawal symptoms.