Some ups and downs this month … leaving out some things.
One surprisingly good movie I saw this month was “Never let me go”, based on a book by the recent Nobel-prize winner, Kazuo Ishiguro. It’s already seven years old, and I’m surprised I never heard of it before. What’s more, it turns out another similar (in some ways) movie I saw a long time ago, “The Remains of the Day” was also based on a book written by the same guy (movie: 1993, novel: 1989) !!
- For various reasons, decided to make a will with my wife (not done yet, but got started on it)
- Got another tooth extracted in preparation for an implant (long story, I have bad gums, need a bone graft and sinus lift, blah blah blah, painful and pointless)
- Participated in a “Girls who code” event at work, which was extremely gratifying
- Took a “mini train trip” with Tara (a few stops on the Caltrain)
- Logan (finally! it was good!)
- Ghost in the shell (finally! it was good too!)
- Bought Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco (finally! but won’t get to read it for a while …)
- Our souls at night (Netflix)