Can you imagine paying $4900 for a calculator? In 1968 money??
- I haven’t been on Facebook in a while, but if you are, you might read this rant
C is not a low-level language
- Mixed feelings about this, but mostly agree: intuition is not always helpful in programming (with the usual subtle implications …)
- I’ve been hearing this awhile, but it’s probably new for someone, so … biology as computing.
- Found myself getting intrigued by Garbage Collection recently, how hard it is to make sense of the tradeoffs, how to really compare Go vs Java in this regard. So, some articles.
- Good sarcastic piece on the “future” of databases
- (If you care about Multicore in Ocaml)
- The nostalgic piece in this month’s update
- Interesting take on the unreality of time
- Prime Numbers! In Chemistry!
- Finally, the 90s might be making a comeback in another way: AI Winter