Several years ago Qi morphed into Shen, a “kernel” that could be hosted on a variety of languages but exposed the ability to build
Recently I wondered again (“what happened to that guy?“) and it turns out the project is very much alive and kicking!
- People are making Scheme implementations too, with recent releases
- The mailing list (still retaining the older Qi name) is active, with daily updates
- A recent roadmap/manifesto was released too.
- The “Book of Shen” has been updated to a 4th edition
- There is a new website that describes its unique features with examples
All this is encouraging, and worth checking into again soon.