Some sort of monthly curated links has been a staple here for about a decade now (I started with a breakdown by category, but towards the end had just a “bag of links”).
In an effort to consolidate and de-duplicate (because, why not!), I’m trying an experiment — I’m going to leave the curations in my shared Roam graph, and just surface them better there.
The URL for that is here: https://roamresearch.com/#/app/Homepage-Agam/page/TkD7GK6nJ
It can also be reached by starting at this “Home” page: https://roamresearch.com/#/app/Homepage-Agam/page/Qw3Cv9aOP, and then following the links for “Sticky Board” -> “Linkblog”
This is an example of what it looks like:
Surely a controversial take 🙂
(But I tend to agree)
Gorgeous, expansive, cosmic.
That’s how I felt when I first discovered this book. I had seen some of these on the covers of various old sci-fi paperbacks, from long ago.
Trip to Carmel where we stayed in an AirBnB in the woods
- No internet: board games, reading, sleeping early
- Fortunately got back in time before the storm closed the roads
Tara’s school was off for a week, went to a great camp by Peninsula Youth Theater — and put on a short play at the end (“The reluctant dragon”)
- Visited Treasure Island (finally, after over a decade of living here) for a friend’s 40th birthday party
- Slightly better eat/sleep 🤞
- Saw a bunch of snow on the peaks
- Got an annual medical check-up done after a few years’ break (all good)
- Visited Michael’s after many years with Tara — it’s still around and still a “craft-y wonderland”
- Gosford Park (re-watched) — discovered the music of Ivor Novello
- Read “Digital Minimalism” (plan to practice some of that this year)
- Tried out a family board game: Dragonwood
- Knives out (re-watched)
- And then there were none (the old version!)